Save the date for Homecoming 2015 & the 65th Anniversary of Sigma Chi at RPI. October 2-4, 2015 will be RPI’s Homecoming and Sigma Chi’s 65thanniversary. We will also mark 95 years since Phi EpsilonPhi was started. Classes ending in 5’s and 0’s are targeted for milestone reunions but all classes are welcome to attend according to event chairman Bob “Ruff” Hutnick ’71. The final performance of the 60’s house band Oedipus and the Muthers is planned, and the secret identify unveiling of “Oedipus” is rumored. Contact Bob Hutnick for more information, volunteer to help or to RSVP.
Delta Psi 65th Anniversary to be celebrated October 2-4, 2015
For the last time in the world and the penultimate time in the Pomeroy Chapter House Subterranean Chapter Room, Oedipus and the Mothers, the 1960’s House Band, will be performing at 58 Pinewoods on Saturday Night, October 3rd, during Delta Psi’s Homecoming. The band will perform from 8 – 11 p.m. There will be refreshments available during the band party. This will be the last major alumni reunion until 2020 when we celebrate several milestones, among them: Our 70th founding of Delta Psi Chapter of Sigma Chi Fraternity; our 100th anniversary of the founding of Phi Epsilon Phi, our Sigma Chi’s precursor at RPI; and, the 100th birth anniversary of our beloved Archibald Love, Order of Constantine and Delta Psi Chapter Advisor from 1950 – 1987.
Besides the traditional “Welcoming Celebration” on Friday Night, October 2nd from 3 – 11 p.m. and the traditional “Post-Football Game” Refreshments at the Chapter House from 4 – 6 p.m., we will also be “filming” in the Robert “Justa Pledge” Eckart ’74 Study, which is located just off the Dining Room. Once again due to the generosity of Bill “Jolly Green Giant” Pomeroy ’66, a videographer will be at Delta Psi to record alumni who wish to leave their sage and wise reflections for future generations of Delta Psi Sigma Chi’s. We are also planning on recording the History of Delta Psi and producing an alumni video for rushes, pledges, and undergrads alike, which will convey to them the life-long responsibility of becoming a Sigma Chi. If you are interested in participating in this project more deeply and/or have skill or a background in video photography, please contact Bob “Ruff” Hutnick ’71 at BobHutnick@gmail.com. Video photographing will take place from 1 – 6 p.m.
The Weekend will also include a tailgate party prior to the RPI Football Game. Tailgate party will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Delta Psi will be selling hot dogs at the Football game which will commence at 1 p.m. and go to 4 p.m. Refreshments will follow at the Chapter House until 6 p.m. when dinner will be served. The cost of the weekend will be $50 per alumni or guest. This will include dinner on Saturday and refreshments on Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and Saturday night. This can be paid through the RPI Alumni Website like we did in 2013 for our Dedication of the Bill Pomeroy Chapter House. Information on this will follow; registration begins on or about August 1, 2015.
The Weekend will culminate with a Ritual House Meeting in the Chapter Room on Sunday, October 4, at 2 p.m. I encourage alumni to “go the extra mile” and stay for this meeting as it is a great time to convey to the undergraduates their responsibilities as Delta Psi Sigma Chi undergraduates and as alumni. Those years go by quickly “at the Tute” but the chance for a lifetime with friends and brothers from Delta Psi is available to those who decide to stay in touch with each other and Delta Psi and who “endeavor to retain the spirit of youth.”
The full agenda is below. Brothers who are celebrating milestone initiation or graduation anniversaries, should contact their fellow classmates and get them to attend Homecoming 2015. Anyone who has not yet seen the new Pomeroy Chapter House should also consider this an opportune time to return to RPI, celebrate Homecoming, and renew the friendships that you had/have with your fellow Delta Psi Sigma Chi’s. If you need the address, email or telephone number of any Delta Psi alumnus or alumni, please email me, Ruff, at BobHutnick@gmail.com.
Homecoming – 65th Founding of Delta Psi Chapter, Sigma Chi Fraternity, October 2-4, 2015
Friday, October 2, 2015
- Welcoming refreshments at Delta Psi Chapter, Pomeroy Chapter House (PCH), 3 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Dinner not included in Homecoming Fees
Saturday, October 3, 2015
- Tailgate Party for RPI Football Game, 11 a.m. Site: TBD – BYOB – tailgate party before the football game on Sat; last year the chapter got a prime spot next to the entrance and had a hot dog/hamburger stand set up and raised like $500 for Huntsman
- RPI Football Game 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Filming of Alumni for future video on History of Delta Psi and Rushing video showing alumni involvement; life at Delta Psi during the 1950s – 2010s.
- After game refreshments and pre-dinner refreshments, at Pomeroy Chapter House (PCH), 4 – 6 p.m. with service by National Bartenders.
- Unveiling of the Order of Constantine (OoC) display on the wall of the PCH, 5 p.m. & White Rose Ceremony for those Delta Psi Alumni who have recently entered the Chapter Eternal. This will include Gary Duncan Wood AKA Slug ’71, George Robert Wurm ‘71, AKA Earth, Significant Sig Dr. Les Cole ’54, and Barbara Von Kleeck, Sweetheart of Sigma Chi, Delta Psi, late 1950s, beloved wife of John Von Kleeck ’60. And . . . Jerome E. Snider 1956, Charles “Roger” Meeker ’58, John G. Herre ’53, and Martin H. Mard ’49.
- Dinner at the PCH, 58 Pinewoods Avenue, Troy, NY, 6 – 8 p.m. Open Bar 6 – 10 p.m.
- Band Party at the PCH, lower level, 8 – 11 p.m.
Sunday, October 4, 2015
- Ritual Chapter House Meeting, PCH, 2 p.m.
The cost of the Homecoming Weekend is $55 per alumni ($55 for guests) for refreshments on Friday and Saturday afternoon/evening and dinner on Saturday night. It is requested that you consider an additional $20 donation towards undergraduate food/refreshments for the weekend. This money needs to be paid beforehand by going to the RPI website at http://www.alumni.rpi.edu Homecoming 2015 registration is available now.